CORPORATE WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS
Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid Training creates an opportunity to build better relationships at work and improve business productivity. Mental Health First Aid teaches participants how to assist people who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis, until appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves.
Have you ever struggled with what to say or how to support someone suffering from a mental health issue? By understanding the impact of mental health issues, managers and employees can learn to support each other in appropriate ways. Strategies 4 Life develops a plan tailored to support your specific workforce issues. Karen’s frontline knowledge of mental health issues provides relative supports and eliminates stigma in your workplace in Perth and regional areas, helping to create an environment of inclusion by supporting all employees.
What is this workshop about?
Good mental health support practices provide strong healthy workplaces, leading to more productivity and retaining trained staff. Mental Health First Aid helps to creates an environment of awareness and tolerance, leading changes and improvement in mental health conditions in employees.
- Understanding common mental illnesses of anxiety, depression and of psychosis.
- Recognise symptoms and functional impacts in the workplace of each of these illnesses.
- Roles and responsibilities when responding to mental health issues in the workplace.
- Strategies to approach employees.
- Design models to support workplace changes for mental illness.
- How to talk effectively to employees about mental illness.
- Resources available for managers and supervisors.
- Roles and Responsibilities in the Workplace
- Common mental illnesses and their impacts in the workplace
- Strategies to approach and address employees with mental health issues
- Increased understanding of the common mental illnesses of anxiety, depression, bipolar and schizophrenia
- Recognise the symptoms and possible functional impacts in the workplace for each of these illnesses.
- Develop a Workplace Mental Health Strategy.
Who should attend this workshop?
Managers, team leaders, HR staff, business owners and employees who would like to feel competent to support employees and colleagues with mental health issues. Working with individuals and groups, this workshop creates resources that will benefit all who attend. Providing practical tools and strategies to support to feel more confident and effective in dealing with mental health challenges, while improving productivity levels.
This is a one-day workshop, essential to provide knowledge to effectively support change. Workshop options include focus on management or/and employees and can be adapted to the client’s requirements.
Ready to Begin?
The workshop includes a workbook, case studies, activities, role play, demonstrations and facilitated discussion. Maximum participants: 20 people. Cost: (excluding travelling costs).
- Half Day $2200
- Full Day $2750
Get in touch with Karen to discuss the options
About Karen Easter
- B.A. (Soc Sc)
- Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy (NSW)
- CHt. Practitioner NLP (NSW)
- Master Practitioner, Human Neuro Linguistic Psychology
- Advanced Dipl. Clinical Hypnotherapy, NLP & Psychotherapy
More Corporate Programs
CORPORATE WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS Workshops Anxiety & Trauma for Schools AnxietyClear® workshops are a valuable support for schools, parents and adults who are...
CORPORATE WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS Mind Matters Stress Management at Work (Management & Employees) Prolonged stress can lead to impaired decision-making processes....
CORPORATE WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS Mental Health First Aid Training Mental Health First Aid Training creates an opportunity to build better relationships at work and...
CORPORATE WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS Binge Living How overdoing is the cause of underachieving In a world where almost everything is now on demand, you'd think our lives...